Learn to Row
2017 ADULT Sculling - FALL LEARN TO ROW
We will go over the fundamentals of rowing, boat handling, and club etiquette. After conclusion of this program, individuals that wish to qualify for membership will need to complete private lessons until certified to row without a coach.
Program Fee: $100
Program Dates/ Times:
Saturday, November 4th 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sunday, November 5th 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
In case of inclement weather and groups are unable to row, we will have a make up date.
2017 Junior learn to row SUMMER PROGRAM
- Goals:These programs are open to students who have no previous rowing experience, or who are interested in improving their rowing technique in preparation for a competitive rowing program.
Also, please note that if your child must miss some dates, that will not affect his or her ability to participate in the program. However, there will be NO MAKE-UP SESSIONS for missed classes and no pro-rating for partial participation.
- Prerequisite:Must be at least 13 years of age, and be able to swim. Parents will have to sign a waiver that states that their child can swim. No rowing experience is necessary.
- Enrollment:Enrollment closes one week before the start date.
- Program Fees:$300
- Session 1 - June 5th through June 9th - 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Session 2 - June 12th through June 16th - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session 3 - June 19th through June 23rd - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session 4 - August 14th through August 18th - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
For specific enrollment information, please contact Boathouse Manager, David Florio (email@example.com) and include your child’s name, age, year in school, and school that he or she attends. We will respond with a confirmation email which will include more details. If you have any questions about the program, let us know on your initial email and we will get back to you.
2017 FALL JUNIOR LEARN TO ROW PROGRAM
This program is intended for current high school students who are interested in learning rowing basics before their season may start. We will have practices on the weekends from 12 pm - 2 pm. Cost is $400.
More to come....
Bachelors Barge Club is also the home of Drexel Rowing Camp and Quaker Rowing Camp. For more information, check our Camps Page.